Food poisoning from the point of view of Ayurveda
- Watery or bloody diarrhea
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Body weakness
- Dry mouth and excessive thirst
- Insufficient urination
- Tingling sensation in the arms
- Blurred vision
How Ayurvedic doctors treat food poisoning
- Nabhi basti – in this procedure, the medicated oil is applied to the umbilical region. It helps reduce abdominal pain and cramps.
- Anuvasan vasti – in this treatment mentod, medicated oil is administered into the patient through the anal area to remove toxins from the body.
- Niruha vasti – in this procedure, the patient is given a herbal enema to detoxify the body.
- Detox premium powder - It helps in removing toxins from the body in case of food poisoning
- Sheet Dhara Syrup is a herbal syrup that treats problems such as: nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and abdominal cramps
- Trikatu syrup is an antioxidant that has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, digestive and carminative properties
- Trikatu tablets are pure herbal preparations which are often recommended for food poisoning
Tips for effective prevention and Ayurvedic treatment of food poisoning
- Clean and disinfect food preparation surfaces and crockery with hot water
- Wash hands with soap and water before and after preparing food
- Eat light and small amounts of food
- Citric acid kills bacteria that cause food poisoning
- Drink hot water mixed with turmeric and dry ginger
- Basil is an excellent herb to soothe the abdominal discomfort caused by food poisoning
- Boil 1 tsp of cumin seeds with 1 cup of water can ease food poisoning
Check the Ayurvedic treatment of other digestive diseases:
Acid reflux (GERD), Anorexia nervosa, Gastritis, Crohn’s disease, Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Hyperacidity, Constipation, Coeliac, Appendicitis, Colon polyps, Intestinal worms, Hemorrhoids, Diarrhea, Pancreatitis, Peptic ulcer, Anal fistula, Lactose intolerance, Mouth ulcers, herpes.