Glaucoma from the point of view of Ayurveda
- Open-angle glaucoma. The drainage angle formed by the iris and cornea remains open. However, other parts of the drainage system do not drain properly. This may result in a slow and gradual increase in eye pressure.
- Angle-closure glaucoma. This type of glaucoma occurs when the iris bulges. The bulging iris partially or completely blocks the drainage angle. As a result, fluid cannot circulate through the eye and pressure rises. Angle-closure glaucoma can develop suddenly or gradually.
How Ayurvedic doctors treat glaucoma
Tips for effective Ayurvedic treatment of glaucoma
- Avoid rice, oats, soy, beans, red meat, seafood, potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, okra, and olives
- Include garlic, onions, corn, rye, barley, millet, radishes, cabbage, eggplants, turnips, red beets, pepper, spinach, carrots, and peas in your diet
- Practice yoga and pranayama
Check the Ayurvedic treatment for other ophthalmology diseases:
Cataract, Conjunctivitis, Stye, Myopia, Ophthalmology, Diabetic Retinopathy, Macular degeneration, Astigmatism, Hyperopia, Dry eye, Keratoconus, Squint (Strabismus), Pinguecula, Presbyopia, Eye allergies, Eye infections, Eye twitching, Eye floaters, Night blindness, Pterygium, Optic neuropathy.