Stye from the point of view of Ayurveda
- External hordeolum.
- Internal hordeolum.
How Ayurvedic doctors treat stye
- Bidalaka — a medicated paste is applied to the eyelids to treat eye disorders.
- Netra tarpana — is used to cure a variety of eye problems, such as redness, irritation, and inflammation of the eye. It must be practiced frequently.
- Putapaka vidhi — often comes after tarpana therapy. During this procedure, a specially prepared juice from Ayurvedic herbs is poured over the eyelids in a manner resembling the tarpana treatment. The putapaka vidhi helps treat both the external and internal styes on the eyelids.
Tips for effective Ayurvedic treatment of stye
- Apply neem and turmeric paste on the upper eyelid
- Avoid touching the stye
- Protect your eyes from dust and smoke
- Mix water and coriander seeds, boil for 15-20 minutes, strain and use as an eyewash twice a day
- Add turmeric powder to water, and use this as an eye drop three times a day
Check the Ayurvedic treatment for other ophthalmology diseases:
Cataract, Conjunctivitis, Glaucoma, Myopia, Ophthalmology, Diabetic Retinopathy, Macular degeneration, Astigmatism, Hyperopia, Dry eye, Keratoconus, Squint (Strabismus), Pinguecula, Presbyopia, Eye allergies, Eye infections, Eye twitching, Eye floaters, Night blindness, Pterygium, Optic neuropathy.