Eye infections from the point of view of Ayurveda
- Pain or discomfort
- Itchy eyes
- The sensation that something's on or in your eye
- Light sensitivity
- Eye burning
- Painful lump under your eyelid or at the base of your eyelashes
- Pinkeye (conjunctivitis)
How Ayurvedic doctors treat eye infections
- Netratarpana Parisheka, irrigation with water/ medicated decoctions.
- Bidalaka — eye pastes.
- Aaschyotana — eye drops.
- Anjana — eye salves.
Tips for effective Ayurvedic treatment of eye infections
- Include ghee, milk, rock salt, and honey in your diet
- Apply slices of potato on your eyelids
- Use rosewater to clean, remove dirt and impurities from the eyes
- Boil 2 tablespoon turmeric powder in water, then apply it to the infected area with a clean cloth on a regular basis
Check the Ayurvedic treatment for other ophthalmology diseases:
Cataract, Conjunctivitis, Stye, Glaucoma, Myopia, Ophthalmology, Diabetic Retinopathy, Macular degeneration, Astigmatism, Hyperopia, Dry eye, Keratoconus, Squint (Strabismus), Pinguecula, Presbyopia, Eye allergies, Eye twitching, Eye floaters, Night blindness, Pterygium, Optic neuropathy.